redirect

Monday, June 7, 2010

Welcome, strangers...

We have moved! Our blog is now at www.paper-deer.com




Hello readers,

I have a confession to make: I'm an addict. Not a drug addiction or something life-destroying, but rather a delightful obsession with music.

I'm a music journalist and freelance writer based in Melbourne, and I come across a lot of bands that I get genuinely and thoroughly excited about... and then I've got no where to write about them. My editors pretty much decide what content goes into their magazines or their websites (and coverage is often proportional to advertising budget). Plus half the time I just accidentally stumble across an act's MySpace or see them play live without planning to do a review, but really can't contain myself. So instead of letting all of my excitement go to waste, I have decided to start infecting the internet with Paper-Deer (moniker courtesy of a random word generator, ily interwebz).

I'm planning on putting together band profiles, maybe venue spotlights if I can be bothered, and most definitely band interviews and upcoming gigs.

For those of you who are interested in the other work I've done, head over to my website (and my online portfolio) http://www.paigexcho.com/. If you are one of those cool peeps who tweets, follow me (@PaigeXc). My other blog with more personal stuff is http://www.feedmebandboys.blogspot.com/.

Um, goodbye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment