redirect

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

BAND: The JSB's

We have moved! Our blog is now at www.paper-deer.com


I should probably mention that I'm not an electro girl. I think it may have something to do with seeing so many downright terrible electro jam bands in my rounds as a reviewer. So when I heard another journalist describe The JSB's like the-bit-in-Elvis-movies-where-he-takes-out-his-guitar-and-starts-serenading-some-Hawaiian-girl but with synths, I was definitely intrigued.

What sets these electro rockers apart is their quirkiness. The sing like they're high on peyote, their instruments squeal like they're orgasming (I'm not sure if instruments can have sex, but I'll get back to you on that one) and the beats are like a party in your ears. The lyrics are equally as bizarre - you can rest assured that there are no sappy love songs or lame arse "party party" tunes. And there's just something about Spanish Flu that reminds me of Tina Turner's Nutbush City Limits (and that in turn reminds me of doing the Nutbush with dorky teenage boys when I was fourteen, always a good thing).

The JSBs will be launching their excellent St Christopher's Road Trip To Vegas EP at Revolver on July 2 with Johnny Rock & the Limits, and Tomaki Jets.


LINKS:

No comments:

Post a Comment