redirect

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

BAND: Clavians

We have moved! Our blog is now at www.paper-deer.com


I went over to Revolver Upstairs last week to check out my mate's new band (The Villains Lair, who apparently sound like Arctic Monkeys but I hear The Strokes and Franz Ferdinand much more), where they were supporting a band called Clavians.

I don't know how Clavians is pronounced, but I do that they are pretty excellent. I have a tender spot for any kind of music that can be described by the word "jungle", and this Melbourne two-piece tick all the boxes. There may only be a four hands and four feet in this band, but they make a hell of a lot of decent noise. Middle Eastern inspired tuning choices, hypnotic post-punk beats and two-step goodness all mixed together in a shy two-piece wonder package.

Clavians are doing another two nights as part of their Revolver June residency on the June 23 and 30, then again on July 9 at Old Bar.


LINKS:

No comments:

Post a Comment