redirect

Friday, November 12, 2010

WELCOME: Stephanie-Bowie Liew

We have moved! Our blog is now at www.paper-deer.com


Paper-Deer may have started out as a minuscule project of a single Melbourne music journalist who was drinking far much coffee, but it's become some little monster of a blog. Just half a year down the track, the blog has sent forth thousands of words to the world wide web, all of them completely dedicated to the glorious, marvellous and amazing Melbourne music scene, and something must've worked. This humble blog is getting crazy amounts of visitors not only from Melbourne, but from Seattle, London, Paris, San Jose, Nashville, Cairo, Stockholm, Athens, New York, Tokyo, Jakarta, Istanbul, Berlin and other exotic locations. 

It seems like the world is hungry for updates about Australia's cultural hub, so we're proud to introduce our first addition to the Paper-Deer editorial team - Stephanie-Bowie Liew, one seriously talented young writer based in Melbourne. Here she is, in a virtual nutshell:

Hey, Paper-Deers! My name is Stephanie-Bowie Liew, but that’s kind of a mouthful; mostly I just go by Bowie.  I’m currently studying a Bachelor of Journalism at Monash University. Next year is my final year! It’s too scary to think about. Ultimately, I’d love a career in music journalism. It combines two of the things I’m most passionate about into a convenient little package. I pretty much live and breathe music: playing it, listening to it, watching it being performed, writing about it and reading about it.

Of course, I do have other interests, too. I like reading books, watching TV-on-DVD and films, lurking about on social networking sites, getting coffee or tea with friends, performing acoustic covers to audiences on YouTube, collecting teacups and teapots, and taking photos of my food before eating it (don’t judge me). I have a sneaking suspicion that I wear pyjamas more often than is considered socially acceptable.


Keep your eyes peeled for this name - this wordsmith will be turning up in this blog many more times in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment